11.5.08

Play

While I was in Denver last week, I made a visit to Caboose Hobbies purported to be the largest model train store in the world. Maybe in North American trains. I suspect there are larger stores in Germany. Anyways, it was still nice to check out the store's offering. I came across a Kato oval track set, which I had my eye on for quite some time. It was discounted down by $50. I couldn't resist and picked it up along with some additional straight tracks to extend the kit. I figure it will be nice to have a kit to play with from time to time as it can be assembled and packed away fairly easily and quickly. And it is expandable, which makes it appealing. There's a store in town that also carries Kato products. It doesn't have the same extensive inventory, but I figure they could probably order most of what I need when I'm ready to expand the track. By the way, I decided to keep the class 110.

No comments: