22.11.08

More changes

Version 26 and growing. Sigh. I seem to be having some difficulty with the switching. Ideally, trains coming from either north or east lines should be able to access any of the platforms at the station. That's what the guys from the club told me. It makes sense. For example, all trains coming out of the station might need to be diverted onto the east bound tracks while the north set of tracks are closed for maintenance. That's what would happen in real life. Unfortunately I have limited space to work and my first attempt at switching allowed only the middle two tracks to be accessible by north and east set of tracks. So I'm considering using a cross over switch just before the bridge. You can see from the above drawings that I decided to put a bend in the layout at the switching yard. This will give the layout some depth, but complicate my bench work plans. On the plus side I'm definitely getting better at using the XTrkCad software. Now I've got to figure out how to draw sweeping curves for the bench. Al built a corner module for the club's layout. The sides of the module is perfectly curved to match the track work. I like this much better than the typical angular look of most benchwork.

No comments: