20.3.10

Christmas in March

I thought I would try my hand at making peposo. No it has nothing to do with trains. At least not directly. Peposo is an old Italian dish that originated in the Tuscany region. The dish is similar to beef stew consisting of beef shanks cubed with copious amounts of cracked peppercorn, fifteen cloves of garlic and half a cup of red wine simmering over low heat in a slow cooker for twelve hours. You heard right, twelve hours. Originally invented in the city of Impruneta by workers spending long nights tending the terracotta kilns. They simply threw all the ingredients into the oven and would leave it unattended overnight. So what does peposo have to do with trains? Nothing, but I figured I could get this dish started and walk away from it to work on my train layout without fear of burning dinner. Well, actually breakfast considering I started it at 6pm and it won't be ready until morning.

My Kato orders finally arrived. I went over to Hobbytech to pick up my long awaited unitrack parts and structures. Rural platform, extension sets, park & parking lot, and more unitracks. There's still more to come. I think I figured out the ground level track layout. I've got it as a single track looping around the outside of the viaducts while still managing to have one track running under the trestle bridges. Unfortunately I've run out of room. It looks like I will have to push my work table back a couple of feet to accommodate the ground level track. I've posted a video of the layout along with the unboxing of the rural platform set along with the extension and park/parking lot set. Unlike other Kato structures, the rural platform and extension set needs to be assembled.


Layout #2



Kato 23-130



Kato 23-131



Kato 23-418

No comments: