9.1.11

Norse mythology

I was in error when I stated that Hel was one of the nine worlds in ancient Norse mythology. It isn't a place, but a woman who ruled the underworld. She lived in a house called Helheim located between two primordial realms called Muspelheim and Niflheim. The former being the realm of fire which was home to the fire demons. The latter known as the abode of mist. Between these two realms of heat and cold is where creation begins. So now I'm considering locating the station between the two. Niflheim situated on the west side of the river and Muspelheim on the other with Hel Hauptbahnhof in the middle serving both realms.

For the realm of Niflheim, I picked up the Kibri Siegtaldom cathedral from Hobbytech. I consider it a lucky find as Johnny was saying the distributor couldn't order it anymore. He wasn't sure, but it may be discontinued. This would be a shame as it appears to be a nice looking model. The individual sections seem to have good detail to them. But I'll know for sure once it is assembled. I've heard some commenting on the poorer quality of Kibri structures compared to Vollmer. Speaking of which, I'm still waiting for my Baden-Baden station to arrive. Before I assemble anything, I need to decide on the colour scheme. The original plan was to have all the structures in white. I'd like to keep with the original plan, but altered slightly with a green patina for the roofs. I always liked the look of oxidized copper roofs.

2 comments:

Jerry said...

Love the interesting names you've come up for this. That is forcing me to push the envelope a little bit on my end!

The Train Spotter said...

Thanks Jerry. I'm trying to draw a topographic map of the area, but my lack of drawing skills is making it more difficult than it should. Hopefully I can post it in a future blog so everyone can visualize what I'm attempting.