24.2.08

Anime

I just downloaded a GIF animator and began experimenting with a set of photographs I took yesterday. I wasn't sure whether it would work. Google's Blogger doesn't appear to work smoothly with large images, but I discovered that if I resample down to half the pixel resolution, the smaller images work with no problem. Unfortunately, gifs are limited to a 256 color palette so the picture quality isn't very good, but good enough that I'll probably do some more spotting, cough, cough. I mean animating.

The lack of a video camera neccessitates using my SLR for purposes it was not designed for. However, the results aren't too bad and this is a cheaper alternative, particularly since funds for a video camera could be better used by increasing the inventory of rolling stock.

No comments: