1.3.08

Viaduct

Since discovering animated gifs last week, I've been anxious to get out this week-end and do more filming. I had it in my head to take shots from the shores of the Vltava river just outside the open market at Holesovice. It was a good location to get shots of trains crossing the viaduct and provide excellent source material for other layouts I have in mind. I was hoping to get a glimpse of several passenger trains this week-end. I was not disappointed.

There were a few things I learned from last week's outing that I wanted to improve. I really disliked the slight flickering in my first attempts because of the auto exposure. I also decided to use a tripod with a remote shutter release to achieve a stable frame shot. Here is another view of that same train crossing a section of the viaduct taken from a different angle. I wish my camera had audio. The roar of the locomotive sounds so cool.

I also wanted to try my hand at animation with the camera following the subject so I returned to the same area as last week-end to take some more pictures of trams at a higher frame rate. It was the first time I had used the continuous mode on my camera. Google Blogger seems to be truncating my gifs and consequently only the first frame is viewable. Hopefully this is just an anomaly and gets resolved otherwise I won't be able to post any of my results.

Update: It seems like I'm able to post animated GIFs this week-end, but I'm not sure for how long. Uploading to Blogger is inconsistent so I'm making the most of it and uploading one more. For all these animations, you may have to right click on the broken image link [x] and select "show picture" if you have a slow connection.

No comments: