15.3.08

Evolve

The original layout was designed with an opened air town market in the centre with the trains passing through the city. The shape of the market area was planned to be square. However, since visiting Telc last week, the plan has evolved. The layout now calls for a non-symmetric square that narrows at one end towards the cathedral. The direction of the tracks will align with the longitudinal axis of the square and terminate at the station at the wider end of the square. The layout will be narrow and long, which will make it easier to partition into four separate sections. I'm also planning to have the trains enter and leave the station across viaducts ending with a tunnel into the mountains. The tracks within the mountain simply loop and come back out the same portal, but on the other track.

Originally, the layout called for an elaborate gothic cathedral as the centerpiece. I'd still like to construct the original plan, but it will be a later layout. I figure I'll have a better chance of success if I keep my first layout less complex. I'm also considering using stiff cardboard as in those models created by architectural firms to showcase their designs to the public.

No comments: