8.3.08

Close up

There's a holding yard where trains are parked in Prague 4. It's about 2km from my place. I came across this on one of my excursions earlier last month, but only managed to come back to it today. Here's a close up. I'm told this locomotive is over 30 years old. It's definitely seen better days, but admittedly, the design and style has held up very well. The color scheme matches the Czech Republic's national flag, but I'm not overly fond of how they applied the colors, especially the red doors. My favorite scheme is still the Deutsche Bahn ICEs. That's the white with a single red horizontal stripe.

I visited two model train stores in town to see if any of them carried this locomotive. Unfortunately they didn't. There's a third store, but I chose not to go since they specialize in TT scale. I think I'll have to stay firm and stick with N-scale, otherwise this addiction would get out of hand. Besides, there appears to be limited selection for TT scale. Tillig is the primary provider of this scale and I've never seen this brand in Canada before. HO and N scale are the most common.

No comments: