14.4.10

I need my fix man

I informed my director that I was leaving work early today to see my dealer. I needed more tracks for my model train layout. He rolled his eyes and walked away. In all honesty, it is a serious addiction. I wanted to head over to HobbyTech to pick up the extension set for my rural platform. I wouldn't be able to buy anything this week-end on account of the train show. With the extended platform, I'm now considering the addition of a station. Kato has a rural station that fits with the platform set, but the station is too Japanese centric. It would be perfect for running the Shinkansens, but inappropriate for my European rolling stock. So I am on the look out for other station buildings. I currently have my eye on a Faller freight station. Vollmer, Faller nor Kibri had any passenger stations that matched my rural platform. Oddly enough, I came across Walther's Santa Fe station that might work out. They also have the Pella depot as another alternative. My concern is whether it will give the layout a North American feel. I've got time before I decide. I'm hoping to get some good ideas from the train show this week-end.

No comments: