24.4.10

Railway station

I was at Hobbytech this morning to pick up my order of curved viaducts. I just need a few more Kato parts to complete the track. On back order are the double track piers, 282mm curved ground track and two more plate girder bridges. As I wait for the remaining unitrack parts to come in, I've begun acquiring structures for my village. Johnny had the Cornerstone Santa Fe style brick depot with freight house. Regularly priced at $55, it was on sale for $28. I couldn't resist. Jurgen said I could paint it to make it look European. I'm considering painting the brick wall a light tan to mimic the color of sandstone. I think the roof will be a green patina to look like aged copper. And the window trim will be painted to have a medium wood tone. I hope I can do a good job. Painting is not my strongest suit.

I came across some figures on the internet. Noch makes dairy cows in n-scale. I think they would go great with my windmill. I'll also need to get some passengers for the rural platform. The next structure I'd like to add to the layout is a cathedral. I'm leaning towards getting the Kibri Romanesque cathedral model 7025. I'll probably place an order with Johnny in a few weeks depending on the price. There's a vicarage made by Vollmer that might go well with the cathedral. However, I'll wait and see how the station and the cathedral look together before I invest in any more structures.

No comments: