18.4.10

Super Trains 2010

Here are some photos from the train show. Seeing all the amazing layouts gave me inspiration to continue working on my layout.

A coffee table layout.



I like the windmills in this layout. I'm considering putting a windmill in my layout surrounded by cows. It'll remind me of my travels through the Netherlands. Mmm... smoked gouda.



This was my favorite train layout built in OO scale. The size of the table isn't very large, but there's a lot of detail. Peter Johnson put a lot of tracks and buildings on his tiny layout, but it doesn't seem congested at all. I especially liked how he put a brewery next to a church and managed to fit in a canal. He did an amazing job.









Here's an example of a large scale mechanical reproduction. I didn't bother to ask how much it cost.



Many modelers incorporate water into their layout. This layout was built by the Calgary British Railway Modelers (CBRM).



The color of the water in this layout caught my eye. I may elect to do something similar with my layout. That reminds me, I need to pick up a few more plate girder bridges from Johnny next week-end.



Cool bridges.







In addition to trains, there were a lot of exhibitors showing off their modeling skills.







Here's a fellow making his own tracks. That's what I call patience.



And finally, the Calgary Eurorail Express club layout and a few members' personal layouts.





No comments: