2.10.10

Tamiya mini connectors

I came up with a design for the platform roof structure and needed some styrene to build a prototype to help better visualize how it would look. While I was at the hobby store picking up more plastic, it occurred to me that the Tamiya radio controlled cars use similar connectors as Kato, only they are a little larger. It so happens there is a miniature version of that same connector distributed by a company called MPI Maxx. They're a perfect match with the Kato connectors. The biggest complaint I have about Kato is that their extension cords are only 35" in length, which is much too short for long layouts. They retail for $3.80, which is a little expensive if you need to string multiple cables together. Now I can wire up my own cables! The connectors were only $2 each.

No comments: