20.12.08

NachtZug


Christmas arrived early today. I picked up my NachtZug at HobbyTech. These are the Deutsche Bahn sleeper cars. With the NachtZug, I think my collection is complete, although getting the TGV Thalys train would be the icing on the cake. Unfortunately the TGV Thalys made by Kato is discontinued. I'd be happy if Minitrix would release an S-bahn train set with red and white color scheme. Overall, I'm pretty stoked with what I have. I think it works well with the white architectural model. Although I will have to spray paint the cork bed white or gray to reduce the contrast. It would be interesting to see how the model would look with Era III steam trains.
I also picked up some more supplies from PM Hobbycraft. I'm hoping to work on the jig for my arched truss structure this coming Xmas break. I still need to find some smaller clamps to hold down the plastic. The pinch clamps I picked up from Canadian Tire were great for holding the larger pieces together when I built the platforms, but now I need greater precision working with smaller pieces that compose the rooftop.

No comments: