29.12.08

Track bumpers


I picked up five track bumpers. Five more are on order. I'm sure glad I decided to buy the bumpers instead of building them myself. Although these bumpers are lightweight compared to typical ones you would find in a true terminal station, they will serve their purpose from a functional point of view. You can see from the photograph that there are some metal detailing on the bumpers. I like this attention to detail, but unfortunately it doesn't have the heavy appearance as the ones in the photograph I took when I was at the Munchen hauptbahnhof. The club has some from Marklin at HO scale, but I'd love to see Minitrix come out with some for my scale. By the way, I placed an order for four R3/R4 curved right turnouts. I'm slowly working down my purchase list of rail equipment needed for the layout. I think the solenoids and turn lanterns will be the very last purchases. The turnouts can be operated manually anyhow since I haven't made the jump to DCC yet. That's a whole different kettle of fish. For now, I'll focus on the architectural modeling. That's number one priority.

No comments: