3.12.08

Trains on the brain

Okay, this is bad. I was sitting at the bus stop thinking of how to build the jig for my roof top truss structure. I'm getting close to starting the roof as I'm nearly finished the last platform. It seems like every waking moment, my mind is on the model train layout. Hopefully this is a temporary phenomenon and I'll pursue other interests. However, I must admit that designing has given me a wonderful outlet for the creative side of my brain. My dreams have become more frequent and wild. Unfortunately I don't ever remember my dreams when I wake in the morning. Speaking of dreams, it was always a desire of mine to be an architect when I was younger. I guess all this modeling is giving me an opportunity to pursue this passion. I admit that the idea of building a model of my own town is very appealing.

By the way, my order from Eurorail Hobbies has been shipped. I'm so excited. In that order are a bunch of ICE portals, viaducts and a station voice announcer. I came across it on the website. It was only twenty bucks. I'm hoping the audio quality is good enough that I can incorporate it into my layout. I'm also hoping the announcements are spoken in German. That would be icing on the cake.

1 comment:

Jerry said...

Is this the Busch sound module? I've been looking at these for a while and have wondered how the sound quality would be? Curious about your experience!