6.9.10

The first spike ...

The foundation for Hel Hauptbahnhof has been laid with the completion of the bench work. I was cutting wood much too late last night hoping to finish the final section. Unfortunately, I had to wait for the glue to dry before installing the support frame on the reducer module so the work didn't finish until today.

Due to the unusual curves of the reducer module, I had to be creative with the placement of the underlying framework. The shallow angles exceeded the range on my mitre saw so it took a lot longer because I had to iterate several times to get the correct angle. All in all, I'm pretty pleased with the result. The warp in the plywood has straightened out and the modules all align. I still need to drill holes for the turn-out cables, fill large indentations with wood putty and sand, but all the difficult rough work is complete. Now I can begin designing and building the architectural structures during the winter months. I'll likely tackle the foundation of the railway station first as it is the least complicated of the structures on this layout.


No comments: