19.9.10

Praha hlavní nádraží

Work on the station has begun. Right now, I'm just cutting and gluing the styrene pieces together for the foundation. I'm still trying to work out how the building structure is going to look. As I wait for the plastic and solvent to dry, I thought I'd sort through my photo archive of Praha hlavní nádraží. Jerry from Quinntopia had commented on one of my older blog entries that the tracks leading into the Prague station were almost identical to the look he was trying to achieve for his new station layout. So I thought I'd help out a fellow modeler and post a few more pictures for reference material. I included some interior shots. My apologies for the poor quality. The interior lighting was very dim.













2 comments:

Jerry said...

Thanks for sharing these photos! What an amazing station...truly breath-taking! I see why you were so inspired with this structre. Its also nice to see photos of another station other than the grand stations that are typically featured.

The Train Spotter said...

Believe it or not, these photos are of the same station. The station has seen better days. Windows are broken and some of the stone work is in need of repair. You can see the platforms are not very inviting. You definitely don't want to hang around the area after dark. I never had any problems, but I never felt quite that safe there.

One of the interesting things is that if you have a valid bus pass or ticket, you can take the train within the city limits along with the buses, trams or subway. Prague has one of the most efficient transit systems in Europe. I'd say it's equal to Munich's. And it was inexpensive to ride.